AICTE launches the first national level Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)-2012 for facilitating institutions to select suitable students for admission in all management programs approved by AICTE for year 2012-13. The initiative has been taken to address the issue of physical, mental and financial stress being imposed on the students through number of entrance examinations being followed by the institutions for admission into all Management Programmes in AICTE approved institutions based on the relevant judgment of the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)-2012 will be conducted online in 61 cities from 20th February to 28th February, 2012 and scores awarded will be used for admission (4 lakh seats) in the post graduate management programs both at Degree & Diploma level at national level for year 2012-13.
Advantages of CMAT
• The National level test will be conducted for nine days from 20th to 28th February in two shifts at 61 cities/locations.
• CMAT will be a computer based test for three hours duration.
• The common admission test will reduce the burden on candidates due to appearance in multiple tests.
• CMAT scores will help students seek admissions in all management programmes (4 lakh seats) in AICTE approved Institutions / University Departments.
CMAT Paper Pattern:
|Type of Questions||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & DI||25||100|
There shall be negative marking for wrong answers, for each wrong answer 1 mark shall be deducted . CMAT will be 180 minutes (3 Hours) duration exam. A Trial test will be available from 12th Dec onwards for the candidates to have a feel of the online test and navigation functionality.
Graduates in any discipline or Final year students of Graduate Courses can apply for CMAT.
NOTE: The eligibility criteria for admission to Management programs (Diploma and Post Graduation) is as mentioned below:
|1||Management (PGDM, MBA and similar)||Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 Yrs duration Obtained at least 50%(45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying Examination )|
|2||Management (PGCM)||Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 Yrs duration|
|3||Management (Executive PGDM)||Any recognized Bachelors degree of minimum 3 years duration and a minimum of 5 years relevant managerial / supervisory experience.|
|Obtained at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying Examination|
- Online from 9th December 2011 to 9th January 2012 on website www.aicte-cmat.in
- Selection up-to 3 cities giving order of preference.
- The first come first served; actual allotment subject to availability of the slots in a particular city.
- General/OBC: Rs.1200 + Bank charges as applicable
- SC/ST/PD: Rs.600 + Bank charges as applicable
Mode of Payment :
- Net Banking / Credit / Debit Card
- Online through www.aicte-cmat.in
- Cash Payment : Through challan generated online and Cash deposited in any branch of State Bank of India.
Contact information: E-mail Id : [email protected]
|Registration window opens on||9.12.11|
|Last Date for Online Registration||9.01.12|
|Print out of Hall ticket From||30.01.2012|
|Online test dates||20.02.12 to 28.02.12|
|Test Timings||09.30 am – 12.30 pm (1st Test Timings Shift)02.30 pm – 5.30 pm (2nd Shift)|
|Declaration of result||11.03.12|
|Print out of Score Cards From||11.03.12 to 11.04.12|